Matcha Chocolate & Lemon Lava Cake
We had never had a matcha lava cake and figured it would taste delicious with a hint of lemon. We were bang on with this recipe, it is so delicious and looks so beautiful. The contrast between the golden-brown exterior and the green lava center is quite the sight. Enjoy with a scoop or ice cream, or on its own, you will not regret it.
Makes 5 lava cakes
· 1.5 tsp. Jin-Ai Organic VelveTea matcha powder
· 6 oz. white chocolate
· ½ cup white sugar
· ½ cup unsalted butter
· 3 large eggs
· 1 tsp. vanilla extract
· 1.5 tbsp. lemon juice + zest
· ½ cup all purpose flour
· ¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, or using a double broiler. Remove from heat and mix in VelveTea Matcha powder.
3. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate mixture into a medium sized bowl and whisk in sugar, eggs, lemon and vanilla. Add flour and salt, and mix until just combined.
4. Butter 5 ramekins or jumbo muffin tins and sprinkle with a little flour.
5. Fill up ramekins with batter ¾ full and bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are cooked, but centers are still wobbly.
6. Let cool for 15-20 minutes and carefully remove cakes, running a knife along the sides of the cakes to loosen them up. Turn upside down on a plate, and top with icing sugar, ice cream and lemon slices.