Matcha Energy Balls
Energy balls make a great snack and they are so easy to make. Velvetea Matcha powder is a great addition to these energy balls since it offers an extra boost of energy and nutrition. These snacks are gluten free, dairy free, and vegan (if using maple syrup).
Makes 12 energy balls
· 1.5 Tbsp. Velvetea Matcha Powder, plus more for rolling
· 12 dates, pitted and chopped
· ¾ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
· 1/3 cup cocoa powder
· 3 Tbsp. 100% maple syrup (or honey)
· ½ cup crushed/ finely chopped roasted pistachios
· 2 Tbsp. Matcha powder (separated)
· 2 Tbsp. honey
1. Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until well blended and a coarse dough-like texture is formed.
2. Remove mixture from food processor/blender and form into 12 bite-sized balls by rolling between the palms of your hands.
3. Combine 1 Tbsp. of the Velvetea Matcha powder with crushed pistachios. Roll half the balls in honey and then in this Velvetea Matcha and pistachio mixture.
4. On the remaining uncoated balls, using a sifter, sprinkle some Velvetea Matcha powder on top.