Matcha Creppe Mille Cake
Mille crepe cake is on trend this season, and can be found with many different flavor combos. We thought a matcha mille crepe cake would make for a stunning dessert, and when combined with fresh raspberries and cocoa powder it makes for a beauty centerpiece. It’s not overly sweet, but tastes divine. Enjoy with a cup of coffee, or tea.
** Please note that you will need to triple this recipe. Please do in 3 separate batches to avoid overflowing the blender.
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1.5 Tbsp Jin-Ai Organic VelveTea matcha powder
· 1 Tbsp. white sugar
· ¼ tsp. salt
· 1 1/3 cups milk
· 3 large eggs
· 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
· Extra butter for frying
· Condensed milk or fluffy white icing
· Cocoa powder
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or in a medium bowl, with a whisk until free of lumps, do not overmix. If using a blender, scrape down sides with a rubber spatula to incorporate all of the flour.
- Set in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Repeat with the other 2 batches.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with 1 tsp. butter or coconut oil. Once hot, pour batter into the pan and swirl to coat the entire bottom. Cook for about 1-2 minutes each side until lightly browned. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Set crepes onto parchment paper and let cool.
- Layer cooled crepes with condensed milk or icing and stack on a cake plate, until all crepes are used. If using condensed milk please note that it will be very drippy, and you will want to cool in your fridge to set.