Matcha Peach & Basil Creppes
These Matcha Basil Crepes were inspired by our love of Matcha and Basil. We find that both ingredients are not used enough in everyday cooking. The combination of the basil and Velevetea Matcha Powder is delightful. Everything from the speckles of basil throughout the crepes to the addition of the peaches on top is mouthwatering.
Makes roughly 8 crepes
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1.5 Tbsp. Velvetea Matcha powder
· 1 Tbsp. white sugar
· ¼ tsp. salt
· 1 1/3 cups milk
· 4 large basil leaves, washed and torn
· 3 large eggs
· 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
· Extra butter or coconut oil for frying
· Basil leaves
· Peaches or nectarines, sliced
· Maple syrup
· White powdered sugar
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or in a medium bowl, with a whisk until free of lumps, do not overmix. If using a blender, scrape down sides with a rubber spatula to incorporate all the flour.
- Set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with 1 tsp. butter or coconut oil. Once hot pour 1/3 cup batter into the pan and swirl to coat the entire bottom. Cook for about 1-2 minutes each side until lightly browned.
- Top with peaches, basil leaves, white powdered sugar and maple syrup.